Ohaus VN Series Legal For Trade Floor Scale
There are three ways to contact us:
We are open Monday through Friday from 7am to 6pm Central Standard Time.
*Our toll free number only works in the USA. International callers must dial 254-771-2471.
This item it too large to ship through a normal parcel carrier, and must go with a Freight Company. We use UPS Freight because they provide fast and safe delivery across the entire United States.
Freight deliveries are typically to the back of the truck, or a dock. The driver is not responsible for breaking down the pallet and moving it into the building.
Products bearing the NTEP symbol are certified as "Legal For Trade" within the USA and Canada. The National Conference Of Weights And Measures has approved this scale for commercial use. Not sure if you need a NTEP approved scale? Call us at 877-771-2471.
You Save $588.60 (30%)
|Platform Size:||To 5' x 5'|
The OHAUS VX Series is a portable low-profile floor scale package. It is the ideal solution for freight consolidators, forwarders, processing plants, resellers, shipping and receiving departments, as well as startup businesses.
The OHAUS VN Series of floor platforms and scales are the value solution to your dry weighing needs in industrial and commercial applications. Its high-quality construction is designed to minimize distortion under heavy loads, and ensures years of dependable use. NTEP certification ensures consistent weighing performance. Available with ramps and mounting feet, the OHAUS VN Series floor platforms and scales offer a unique combination of value, quality and dependability your company can rely on.
Standard Features Include:
- 5,000 lb capacity with 1 lb readability in 2 popular platform sizes: 4’ x 4’ and 5’ x 5’
- 5mm / 0.196” thick painted carbon steel top plate with raised cross-hatch surface for added slip resistance
- Four NTEP certified shear beam load cells protected to IP67
- Side access NEMA 4X / IP65 dust and water protected stainless steel junction box with 16.5’ long indicator cable
- Four self-swiveling ball-in-cup feet, with top-access leveling adjustment for easy installation
- Internal structural bracing ensures platform rigidity during everyday use
- Carbon steel eyebolts (included) attach to side of platform for easy lifting and positioning
- OHAUS T31P indicator included with scale featuring:
- Backlit LCD display with high-visibility 1-inch high digits
- lb and kg weighing units in NTEP mode – g, oz and lb:oz also available when not in NTEP mode
- Power using included 80-hour internal rechargeable lead acid battery or included AC adapter
- Counting mode for warehousing and inventory applications
- Wall mount bracket included
VN Series Floor Scales Include The Durable T31P Indicator
- Large 1” high digit backlit LCD display quickly displays results in a choice of lb or kg. The power-on unit is selectable, and either the lb or kg unit can be turned off for easier use.
- Includes Counting Mode with a minimum Average Piece Weight of 1d, selectable sample sizes, automatic retention of last sample size used and Average Piece Weight. For installations where Counting Mode is not required, the parts counting software can be selected off.
- Built-in bidirectional RS232C interface for printing or connection to PC. Printing intervals can be set to manual (using Print key), continuous, on stable weight, or an interval between 1 second and 60 minutes.
- Geographical gravity correction software allows quick adjustment of calibration to local conditions without need for recalibration of the VN Floor Scale. All VN Floor Scales are factory calibrated and must be set to match local gravity situation.
- Durable mechanical switch keypad with dedicated Print, Tare and Function keys for quick and easy operation
- Powered using either the included AC adapter or the included 100-hour internal rechargeable battery pack.
- Reversible back which allows installation with the floor platform and power connections exiting from the top or the bottom of the indicator housing.
- The T31P includes four wall mounting holes for screw mounting to bench or wall – it can also be wall or table mounted using the included wall mount bracket for full tilt adjustment of the indicator.
- Software lockouts of menu operations for setup, readout, mode, unit and print menu options. In NTEP certified operation, certain menu options are automatically locked-out.
|NTEP Certified Capacity x Readability||5000 lb x 1 lb
2500 kg x 0.5 kg
|Construction||5mm / 0.196 in painted carbon steel platform with ABS housed indicator|
|Load Cell||4 x 2,500 lb nickel-plated alloy steel shear beam IP67 protected|
|Feet||4 x self-swiveling ball-in-cup design with rubber bottom, adjustable height top levelling|
|Junction Box||NEMA 4X / IP65, 304 stainless steel, with 16.5 ft / 3 m long indicator cable|
|Maximum Central Load||160% of maximum capacity|
|Safe Endload Capacity||100% of maximum capacity|
|Protection||IP67 for shear beam load cells, NEMA4X/IP65 for junction box|
|Weighing Units||lb or kg|
|Display||1 in / 25 mm high, 6-digit, 7-segment bright white backlit LCD|
|Keyboard||4-button mechanical switches|
|Stabilization Time||Within 2 seconds|
|Auto-zero Tracking||Off, 0.5, 1 or 3d|
|Zeroing Range||0%, 2% or 100% of capacity|
|Span Calibration||5 lb or kg to 100% of capacity|
|Operating Temperature Range||14°F to 104°F / -10°C to 40°C|
|Power||9VDC, 0.5A AC adapter or internal rechargeable sealed lead acid battery (100-hour typical operation with full charge) – both included|
|Platform Dimensions (W x D x H)||4ft x 4ft x 3.5 in||5ft x 5ft x 3.5 in|
|Indicator Dimensions (W x D x H)||8.2 x 2.8 x 6.5 in / 210 x 71 x 168 mm|
|Scale Shipping Dimensions (W x D x H)||64.6 x 53 x 13.4 in
1640 x 1350 x 340 mm
|75.4 x 64 x 13.4 in
1915 x 1626 x 340 mm
|Net Weight||282 lb / 128 kg||419 lb / 190 kg|
|Shipping Weight||333 lb / 151 kg||533 lb / 242 kg|